Making it count

Over the past few years I've spent far too much time wishing for things to change, dreaming of better days and wanting my life to be different. But if 2016 taught me anything, it's that everything happens for reason and 'accepting' what we're given isn't a bad thing.

For some 2016 sucked, for the world 2016 treated us badly but for me 2016 made me transition into the version of myself that kicked so much arse and experienced some amazing things. This year my new years resolution is just solely to continue that mindset, live each day with the same amount of happiness and love as I did the day before, experience new things and even relive the same things over and over that I know make me happy. Whilst trying not to overthink every tiny little situation that presents itself and causes my anxiety to surface.

I've tried everything possible at times to soothe my ever-worrying mind, I've read self help books and attempt to understand this so called 'Secret' life presents us with. But I am slowly coming to the realisation that we are the key to our own happiness, we must surround ourselves with fabulous people, fall in love, try new things and learn to appreciate ourselves a little bit more. Take time to get to know yourself and what makes you happy, don't fixate yourself on why other people are happy and you're not. We're all fighting our own battles, we just deal with them differently.

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of time, if one only remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore ϟ

I'll be honest 2016 was the year I found my own feet, learned to accept myself more for the person I've become and found that being loved by another, truly does make you see the world a little differently. But by having the right person by your side helps you conquer the bad thoughts and put them to the back of your mind allowing the good ones to shine through. Don't wait till you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself, be proud of yourself for every step you take reaching it.

I guess what I'm really getting at with the post is it's ok to doubt yourself, it's ok to want bigger things and it's ok to think 'what if' but what if those thoughts are the ones holding you back. I went into 2016 with so many dreams and resolutions that I thought I had to achieve to be happy as an individual but I didn't, I just needed to accept what I was given and work towards making myself happy with that. Achieve grater if I truly desired and surround myself with people I love and love me for being the awkward idiot I am. So if you read this and you know me, thank you for being by my side, always. If you're reading this and don't know me just sit back and list the things that you have in your life that are positives and work from there. We've got this.

So here's to 2017, make it count.




Chels
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric