New Beginnings

Hello, Bonjour, Guten Tag

Over 4 months ago I lost the spark that helped me blog and take pictures and be Chelsey. Alas, I say. No more! 2016 is the year I get my spark back and find happiness within. I mulled a lot over the past few weeks to write a post but I just haven't found the time or the motivation. I've just read through my last post and it made me sad that I still feel the exact same in some aspects, which has only given me the drive to change everything about it.

2015 has been a rollercoaster to say the least, for those who've read my posts before you'll have put up with my hatred of education, money, jobs, life, people... everything in general really. I've always been one to voice my opinion and I doubt that will never change but I don't think I could have ever prepared myself for life after University. I'm still exactly where I was during that period of time, clueless about my future and unsure of what it holds for me now. But I do know something, nothing comes easy. I was so determined to graduate and be the best I can be and have this fabulous job and earn loads of money or just save and travel the world but I succumbed to the pressure of adult life, I moved into my own flat, got a dog, tied myself down and became the person I vowed never to be; thinking I would find what I wanted if I just stuck at it. I can now say, that has yet to happen. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to have achieved what I have done these past few months, but these achievements are nothing that make me internally proud of myself. Honestly, I get so overwhelmed sometimes I wonder whether 22 is the new mid-life crisis age.

We get to the time of year where we give ourselves new found hope and goals to take into the next year that give us the focus to continue and hopefully make changes that stick around. I've got my usual be healthy (she says whilst eating a box of toberlone), rejoin the gym, see the world, be less moody, smile more, have patience, be more open, fall in love, find a career but above all I just want to be at peace with myself. I've spent so much time being at war with my own mind I've lost count on the bits of life I could've lived a bit further, with more excitement and made more memories. I've over thought situations that didn't even need a second glance. What do you want for 2016? I just want to be sat here typing this time next year looking back over my year feeling satisfied that I grasped every opportunity having become the version of me I deserved to be.


Don't get me wrong though, 2015 hasn't been all bad. Since my last post my Dad had his reversal operation and got his life back, I turned a year older, got a beautiful little (devil) puppy called Doris, revamped my flat in the best Chelsey way possible and had the most wonderful Christmas, with the most wonderful family. Although I've got a lot to change, there's always the positives and that's what keeps us going. Stick at it world, if times are hard we must plod on and aim high.


Happy New Year bloggers. Until next time.


Chels
xo

Design by | SweetElectric