Routines


We live our life in routine. Different routines, but routines nonetheless. We wake up and go about our daily duties carrying out the same mundane tasks of employment, eating, talking, laughing, sleeping. Day by day by day. Do you ever just stop and think of what your life would be like if you didn't live on the line of routine? 

I constantly dream of far out places and different cities to open my eyes in. Exciting adventures and becoming the version of me I've always wanted to be, the one that didn't care, the one that didn't over think every scenario every second of every minute of every day. But alas, I do. I get anxiety, I go bright red in every situation... how do we not be the person we're so used to being? If I wasn't me I imagine I would be far greater, I'd have accomplished so much all because I'd have told society NO. No, I'm not going to give in to the pressure of what you see fit for me. I'm going to live each day as it comes and enjoy every second; not living under the thumb of somebody who gives me orders and tells me how well I can do something. 

I think that's whats wrong with todays world... we care too much, we think too much and above all we dream too little. We over weigh the cons with the pros, I do it everyday. Everyday I contemplate buying a flight on my credit card and leaving all my worries and stresses behind. I succumb to the pressure of money and what people will think of me. I don't know what to do or where to go with my life and that scares me more than anything, but why should it? Why at the age of 21 should I be worrying when I should start putting into my pension or when I'm going to meet someone who likes me for me? I guess what I'm getting at in this post is just allowing my brain to pour out. I have these thoughts daily and carry them like a weight on my brain, constantly thinking and hurting. Why? Why do I let them? Because society makes us believe that we are only right in this world when we've got everything 'perfect'. The job, the partner, the money, the security. Screw the security, live life how you please. 

I hope my brain let's me realise that one day.



Chels
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric