Ole' London Town


My baby sister turned 13 the Thursday just gone so I took her to London for the day on Saturday to celebrate. We went on our own mini adventure (we walked about 7 miles - my bones can't handle it anymore!) ate lots of food and soaked up lots of English sun for once, being from Manchester means we just see the rain and clouds 88% of the time. Thanks to our Gramps for hooking us up we got to travel down first class and eat free pastries and drink unlimited coffee. We visited Baker Street to see our friend Sherlock before hanging with Kim K, R Pattz and the Queen at Madame Tussauds. We did have tickets for the London Eye but the queues were INSANE. Being from Manchester I'm all city prepared but wasn't expecting the mass of tourists/people in general, it was crazy. I love London but I don't think I've got it in me to live there.



It's a pretty city though, makes you proud to be British the buildings are so rich with history we spent half the time wondering what rich person once lived there and what input they had on our society. It's crazy how rich the city looks in the centre. Days like these make me want to adventure more and more and just not return haha (one day?!)









Overall it was such a nice day, I don't get to spend as half as much time as I'd like with Molly and it's so strange to see her turning into the little mini me and woman she's becoming. She'll always be my baby sister at heart but she's definitely on the right tracks to becoming a fabulous young lady... obviously takes after her fabulous big sister. Also, if anybody ever has the chance to eat at an Ed's Easy Diner DO IT the food is AMAZING, I had the hot dog covered in cheese sauce, BBQ sauce and bacon with sweet potato fries and onion rings. Oh my days.... it was one of the best meals I've ever had and is a heart attack of carbs definitely worth having. 

Oh London, I loved you I could've spent a week getting lost in you and discovering the millions of cute little shops in Camden and exploring Covent Gardens more or drinking fancy coffee in Soho. Again we will meet, but until then I'll reminisce. It's weird being from the UK but not being able to pop into London like there's no tomorrow. Virgin trains and their two hour rides are definitely worth it. Until next time my sweet sweet capital city.

Chels
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric