Adapting


I do apologise... it has been quite awhile since I last blogged to the world. This past month has been roller coaster and I've found it hard to adapt to real adult life, 40 hour weeks and a job that doesn't particularly fuel my creative drive. I've felt deflated in a way and become un-chelsey like. I eat, go to work, come home, sleep in a constant cycle 5 days a week, even when I'm doing things on weekend with friends I just don't feel like I'm truly there. You know what the most frustrating thing is? The statement people around me keep saying 'you're young, it will come to you' and don't get me wrong, I understand that completely I'm sure there's people at many stages in life when they're questioning if what they're doing is the right thing but for me, it's the scariest thought. I'm an over-thinker and although I like the sense of living in that moment, I don't like not knowing what's round the corner for me. It's my biggest fear, coming out of Uni not wanting to do what I've dreamt about for so long and realising there really isn't much more I want to do makes me feel like I've hit a brick wall. I just want to travel but saving up is taking so long I'm scared life will take over and I'll get stuck in a rut. But anyway, that's enough of that moment. I'll plod on, I always do I just hope one of these mornings I wake up and it's clicked, my brain has pinged and I know exactly where I wanna be and what I wanna do. Until then, I'll dream big world.


My life hasn't been too dull in between! I officially officially finished Uni and wait anxiously for my results before graduating in July, I've drank a lot of cocktails and had some fabulous nights out, I've met new friends and ate so much food I really need to have a word with myself and start gym-ing properly again. I voted (although I'm sure half of the UK feel as though it didn't count - one day it will) and I saw the most fabulous S Club 7 live in concert and screamed my lungs off like my inner 8 year old did when I last saw them. My holiday countdown is slowly but surely ticking away and I also recently booked Paris in January for my baby sister's 18th, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Paris is one of my favourite cities; I can visit over and over and still be in awe each time.

My main goal right now is writing, blogging and channeling my inner creative soul to feel more Chelsey like so if you guys have got any project/ideas that you do or want to do, then please pass them along in the comments or via twitter @beingchelsey. I'm setting myself half way through the year resolutions and hopefully happiness and fabulousness will follow. Maybe one day my blogs won't be so ranty! but a dream eh? haha. But thanks world for being on the other end of the computer screen with nice messages every now and again it really does help. As Sir Albus Dumbledore once said 'Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light'.

Until next time guys,

Chels
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric