Time flies

Do you ever plan all these great blog posts and then you blink and times gone? I kept thinking 'Oh I'll blog about that' then there just wasn't a time when I was at my laptop... but, hello! I've had a jammed packed week and ate so much food I'm avoiding any scales for weeks (no regrets though we gotta enjoy ourselves once in awhile) this post is probably going to end up equally as mismatched as this previous. But hey ho, let's go with the flow?

Last Sunday I took my Mum out for her birthday to 'Bills Restaurant' in Manchester, I always walk past the Liverpool one on the way to the gym and was desperate to go so it was the perfect opportunity!


A mean a picture speaks a thousands words and this one is divine, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I had the sweet chilli and yoghurt sauce hummus burger with halloumi cheese, baby gem and red peppers. As a meat eater I can honestly say it was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten, paired with an Amaretto sour and a banoffee pie for dessert soooooooooooo good. The restaurant has the coolest of interiors, the friendliest of staff and the nicest of food reasonably priced, the quality is there. What more could you ask for? I think my Mum had a super day and it brought her birthday in a day early being treated like the Queen she deserves to be.
Afterwards and a lot of money later, we relaxed with a coffee whilst me and my sister made these super cool tops (check out Dom&Ink on Twitter here). The Manchester Arndale had them in and if you spent over £60 that day you could design a top for free and have it printed, we spent enough for 2 and whipped up these bad boys. Cool huh?


Another food related topic, NANDOS. I'm a huge chicken lover and Nandos is my weakness; lemon & herb thighs, chips, garlic bread with a bottomless soda. Oh chicken, you had me at hello. So my excitement hit the roof when they announced they were introducing sweet potato wedges to the menu along with a barbecue thigh burger and other random things. So when I got the chance to go, how could I refuse?! And after anxiously waiting for my order to arrive.... well, I can't say I'm sold. The taste is there, the weird mix of dipping sauce and mixed seeds somehow but weirdly works, however, they're just too dam soggy and you get... five chunks of wedges. They need to re-evaluate the menu for Chelseys sake introducing crispy sweet potato bucket of fries, anybody else with me? I need a sweet potato nandos revolution because although I ate enough for a family of 3, I just didn't leave with the same satisfaction. Please fix this Mrs Nandos!!!


Other than that it's been a busy week for me, I've been stripping walls and buying a bed as I prepare for a move back to Manchester to start my new job on April 27th, along with finishing an old job on April 25th with some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting all whilst trying to balance finishing my degree (which is so stressful right now) and pretend to have a social life. I'm starting new and venturing into territory so unknown to me, it's terrifying but I like to think I'm ready. We need to be thrown out of our comforts zones once every now and again, I'm on the other side of the world when it comes to mine this week. I've taken steps I didn't think I could do. After years of struggling with happiness and self acceptance and battling my inner demons I think I'm finally reaching the point where I'm proud of how far I've come and how many changes I've implemented to make my life better and I just hope that carries on. Be happy and happiness will follow. If you give out positive vibes, positive things will happen. There isn't a secret to life, you are the secret and sometimes you need to remind yourself that you're doing the best you can. Just set yourself daily or weekly goals and go from there but above all try and believe in yourself.


Have an amazing Easter break world, onwards and upwards from now on.

Until next time,
Chels
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric