Staying Positive


This has honestly been one of the longest weeks of my life. They say we go through certain times of testing and this was one for me, whoever is out there is testing me and I'm trying so hard to not let them win. I started off super ready, it was week 3 of working out for the bikini body guide, week 3 of my 5k app, the deadline week for my final year project and I was ready for it all. Then my body decided having a ridiculously painful back problem was more important and my final year project shouldn't export onto disc - mayhem my friends mayhem. After being so active for so many months it's just exhausted me being so restricted. 

Despite all the ups and down I'm still remaining positive, my final year project has finally been submitted and I sat an exam today that is edging me closer and closer to the final submission of all my work. The path then is mine and I can choose what directions to take. So to carry on the theme of positivity here's a few things that's brightened my days this past week:

1. Mother's Day


I always remember asking the question 'why do mums and dads get a day for them but kids don't?' and my Mum would always reply 'because every bloody day is kids day' and she's right, this woman has devoted the past 21 years of her life to raising me right and sharing all her worldly knowledge and I'm so thankful for the person I am today, I wouldn't be half that person if it wasn't for her and if she gets that one day to feel special and loved (although I hope she knows we think she's special and loved everyday) then Mother's should have all 365 days of the year. I know she won't see this but thank you Mum. My love for you each days grows and I'm so proud to be your daughter. Every thing I do in my life and accomplish is because of you and for you


2. Food


I'm quite sure this is in most people's happiness circle, it's definitely mine. I've picked up a new found love for cooking which I've never had and my knowledge consisted of microwaved meals from Tesco's healthy option range which I thought was doing the world of good. But alas, I've taught myself and changed my ways. I now love nothing more than experimenting with stir fry's, making protein powder cake, eating highlight option sachets flavoured porridge, banana pancakes, mushroom pizzas... the list really is endless and I find it the most satisfying and calming experience. Locking myself in the kitchen for an hour is my new happy place and all the sad or bad feelings escape along with the steam through the oven fan. (I've even got to the point where my weekly shop is the most exciting part of the week... save me?!)


3. Me


Some of you may know that I've always struggled with the whole body positive image. I've gone through so many yo-yo diets and depressive stages of really hating my body. It's quite sad looking back now, but 48 pounds lighter (the equivalent of a small dryer apparently!) I've never felt so good. Don't get me wrong I have my moments where I get annoyed at how small the changes can be and I've still got a bit to go but slow and steady wins the race in the long run (let's just hope my ruddy back sorts itself out soon). Having a healthy lifestyle can take time to get into a certain pattern, I know now it's no longer a diet, it's a lifestyle change. 


4. The Future

I'm the super over-worrier type and although the thought of finishing University is exciting because I hate my course it's also super terrifyingly scary and sickening. I just have to keep reminding myself that this truly is the end in the beginning. From now on no institution can define me or keep me there, enforcing rules and knowledge on me that doesn't prepare me for life. I get to choose the path I'm on and although I don't know exactly where destination is yet, I'm so bloody ready. I'm hoping to spend the summer going on some adventures whilst looking into working in the Australian Outback for a 3 months and then... the world. I was born to see the world and the world needs to see some Chelsey Lamb.


5. Music

When in doubt, plug your head phones in and escape from the real world. I'm a huge OneRepublic fan at the moment, they just own anything. (Also still on the Uptown Funk hype, it just brightens my day). I found this cover today of McBusted covering Ellie Goulding's 'Love Me Like You Do'. Danny Jones voice just brings me to my knees errrrrrrrrrry'time. I'm seeing them next Sunday too which is an added bonus (#1 McFly fan forever). On the subject of music I also do a radio show Monday's 3-5 on looprevilradio.co.uk with my two best friends called '3's A Crowd' where we play some awesome tunes (shameless self promotion), so check it out!



Despite my long ass week I'm remaining hopeful for the near future of what life has to throw at me, and for the degree I've almost achieved and the pocketful of dreams I constantly wear over my heart. I'm exactly where I want to be right now and sometimes I have to remind myself of that, I have a roof over my head, a wonderful family and my health. As long as I've got that, I'm set. 


What's put a smile on your face lately?
Sorry for the lack of posts - third year happened. Speak soon hopefully!

Chels
xo




1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely tribute to your mum Chelsey :)
    I also like the sound of options porridge, will be trying that out!
    Rosie
    x

    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric