Jusqu'ici tout va bien


If heaven was a city I'm pretty sure it's name would be Paris...

I've just got back from a 3 day trip with my Grandma that my Grandparents got me for an early 21st present (super lucky I know!).

I honestly don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful city, I fell in love. It was simply perfect... from the amazing cruise up the River Seine to queuing for hours on the Eiffel Tour, lighting candles for relatives in Notre Damn, putting a lock on the bridge and visiting the Sacre Coeur, everything about the city is so rich; the culture is flowing. Everywhere you look there's something happening. I'd go back forever and ever in a heart beat! We spent the weekend drinking endless amounts of coffee in cute little cafes; eating enough pastries to feed the whole of France and wandering aimlessly in awe at everything the city has to offer.

My favourite part had to be putting a lock on the bridge over the river, it's always been on my bucket list and I couldn't think of a better person to put one on with. My Grandma is one of my favourite people and being there with her was an honour... as we locked it on we each kept a key each and threw one in the river. She said to me 'now we'll always be here together, because next time you come I might not be here' and it broke my heart into a million pieces, the love I have for my family is beyond words and I'm so glad I got to share my weekend with her there.



The more I travel, the more I fall in love with the world. All I ever feel is the wanderlust, the desire to see more and I know one day I'm gonna make it happen, it's the only dream I've had and wanted to accomplish. What's the point of the world being there and being stuck in once place? Surely it's there for us to see and experience. I'm now making it my 5 year plan to pass my driving test, get a car and head straight to Europe. You heard it here first folks!















I urge anybody to spend even 24 hours in the city. It really does open your eyes. If you can dream it, you can do it.



Chels

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post about a beautiful city with beautiful pictures, ah it's all so beautiful! My eyes watered at the part about the locks bridge! Your grandma sounds spectacular!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jade! It was an amazing weekend, she is a wonderful person in and out :) xx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post. That's so sweet of your grandpa :) You're a lucky girl to have such lovely grandparents. It was very touching when your grandma said 'now we'll always be here together, because next time you come I might not be here' My heart aches a little.

    xo
    www.colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric