50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
    That depends how you look at it, if you judge my age based on my face I look about 16. Seriously, my cheeks do me no favours. But if you go off my mentality, I'd probably say mid 30's, I swear I've already had a mid life crisis, I'm definitely old before my time. (Not a lot of wooooo's, plenty of brews!)
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
    100% never trying. If you never try how would know what could have been? As people we constantly learn from our failures and celebrate our successes, without trying none of this is possible.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
    Because at the end of the day we all get caught up in the moment. I think it takes a special kind of person to live life like everybody dreams of, we're all aware of the time we have left or how it can be cut short in an instance but it's so easy to get lost in that and focus on the present day too much. I do it all the time, then I sit back and think of all the dreams I have and just hope one day I'll be experiencing them and getting all I can out of life.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
    Most probably. I'm all talk and dreaming and sometimes getting caught up in them dreams is easier than doing them. But I do know that eventually, I'll be where I want to be and doing exactly what I want to do.
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
    I'd love to help shape people's view point on the education system, from young to old. I think over time we've been injected with this idea that we should follow a certain path; more options should be shown to children in terms of what they can do when they finish school. I just think some kids have so much potential on their own yet we're forced to believe College/University is the only path to success. (bleh I know - but it frustrates me to the moon and back)

    That and along with equality, I think discrimintation will forever be the biggest issue. At the end of the day we're all human, our insides essentially work the same. We are one.
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
    This is an uber hard question for me because I'm at the crossroads where I have no clue what I want to be in when I've finished Uni. It an ideal world I'd love to follow down my degree route and become a producer but I'm sure most people doing a Media related degree will realise how frikken hard it is. At this moment in time I think travelling the world and making videos as I go would make me the happiest kinda rich girl.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
    I think when I started out I was doing what I believed in and I was good at it, I had all these cool experiences in not many people could say they've done before but over time I lost the belief in it and I guess in my mind I'm settling for whatever life gives, but then again who's to say that's not something I'll believe in?
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
    I wouldn't have gone to University, I'd have been so many places by now, I'd probably have taken the risks I should've manned up and took now but I think once I've left University I can do all of the things I'd like to do differently. I don't think we should live life inside an egg timer, just live it how you want without restrictions.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
    I'm not at the point yet I don't think, I've followed the course been lay out for me. I've got the grades, I've moved into different things but never truly controlled anything. Other than my working life, I've not be as fortunate as others so I've controlled how much money I earn and spend and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
    I'm more anxious about doing things right, I like to go at things with 100% my standards are higher than my brain can produce but I like to think if I put all my effort it then it'll work out in the end. In terms of doing the right things... can we ever? Everybody has different ideas of whats right or wrong and that's where most of our life choices stem from.
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
    I'd tell them right there and then that she was close to me, I want to know why they thought this in the first place and try and put them straight. You can't go through life with drama or fake friends... it always ends bad.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
    That dreams don't just have to be dreamt; everything you want to achieve, you should set about achieving it.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
    As they say 'love triumphs all'!!! But I guess it depends on the crime they've committed and if it had any good intentions. I ain't going to jail any time soon...
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
    Don't we all? We're all a little bit crazy inside. I think i'll stick to writing mine down then maybe one day when I'm gone somebody will find them and I'll be the coolest gal around.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
    Most people aren't me. That's as good as I can put it. I'm a socially awkward 20 year old who goes red on the word go. I don't normal comes into my vocabulary. But then again, I like being different.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
    Because I find it harder to be happier sometimes. But other than that I don't think I'm that different, lots of things make me happy as they would anyone.
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?
    You've probably guessed a reoccurring theme here but I can't think of anything I'd rather do than travel the world, I think I just want to age a few years and fill up my bank account but then nothings going to hold me back.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
    I hold on to a lot of things really, some big, some small, some memories I'd never tell anyone but letting go is hard. Although some are bad I guess they become a part of the person I am today. The reason I want to change things.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
    New York. Ever since I visited last March all I want to go is go back. So what American films make me awe it more but who wouldn't want that life style?
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
    You're telling me it doesn't now?!
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
    I wouldn't say I'm a worried genius, but I definitely worry far too much for my liking and over everything so I'd love to be a joyful simpleton with no worries at all.
  22. Why are you, you?
    Because this one time these two people decided a ginger, blue eyed, chubby, awkward and low self-esteem baby would slay all babies. 
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
    Yes and no. Sometimes I'm too stubborn and I find myself getting angry when I have to put more effort in. I should just slap myself and get on with it. My friends are ace.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
    Losing touch. I have a very good friend just around the corner who's friendship I totally messed up and she was (and to some extent always will be) my best friend. I miss you G.
  25. What are you most grateful for?
    My family, especially my parents who no matter what have always provided the best for us.
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
    Ooh. Toughie. It depends, if I lose my old memories would the people be lost with it? But then could I make new ones with the people I've always known? If that's the case I'd choose the latter.
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
    I suppose not, you have to challenge most things anyway whether that's looking for the truth or not.
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
    No, my greatest fear is death. I've been luckily enough to not lose anyone close to me yet and god forbid it happen yet. Everyone I love is around me and I wish to keep it that way.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?
    I can't remember it... so probably not!
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special?
    I remember it was Christmas eve, I was sharing a room with my little sister so I must've been quite young. My bedroom door opened and in shouted HO HO HO. It was my Dad. Dressed as Santa (the worst Santa ever may I add... he had my Grandads glasses on!). He woke up me and my little sister (like Santa would do that) dropped down some presents and left. That was it. Simple. It's just always stuck in my head over the years and we giggle about it each christmas, to this day he still eats the mince pie and carrot we leave it and it always puts a smile on my face. I miss believing in Santa, it defines our childhood of happiness.
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
    As lame as it sounds when I handed my radio piece into Uni, it made me love Media again for that little while and everything I'd loved about it over the years came back.
  32. If not now, then when?
    ~
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
    I should take that statement and tattoo it... I have nothing to lose but I constantly hold myself back.
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
    Having friendships where you don't have to say anything when each other's company and isn't awkward just shows that you're are super friends... if it is awkward then you should reconsider your company!
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
    Because different types of religions want different types of love.
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
    No, I've feel for the evil too many times when you see good on surface. Parts of life are blinding and you've just got to deal with it all head on then pick out the bad from the good and move on.
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
    I don't think you could answer that till you're in that situation. I'd definitely buy a super cool flat and give my parents half, pay of their mortgage and go on the biggest holiday ever. Sometimes I think we need to realise that having money doesn't guarantee you happiness.
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
    I'd rather have more work, I like having something to do. It's having the purpose of doing something for people, in some aspects it's rewarding. Doing nothing doesn't get you anywhere.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
    Yes, I've probably sat in front of my laptop after works a billion times more than I've done anything different. One day that'll change though, I can feel it.
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
    Not for a while. Taking risks scares me, I feel like it'll get me in trouble in work or I'll fail my degree. I think my mind thinks of the consequences more than the rewards. Sucks bad but I can't help it.
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
    I'd stay exactly where I was at home with the people who matter most to me along with my Grandparents and my Auntie and Cousin.
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
    If you'd have asked me that 5 years ago, yes. Now, no. I like being the girl who writes blogs for a small amount of people and watches endless amounts of tv shows and tweets till my fingers are sore. Why would I give that up for a life of exposure? Sure I'd like to be skinny and pretty but none of that would give me real happiness.
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
    Anyone can live, the minute you're born you are alive but then it's up to you throughout to live that life to the full and that's when you're truly living.
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
    When you find out, let me know please? Hopefully sometime soon.
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
    Because some mistakes have consequences that we fear far too much. Yes they can make us bigger and better people but at the time if you make a mistake on that exam... you fail it? You might be glad for that in the future but at the present it's terrifying.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
    I'd wear a bikini on holiday and I'd love my body more, because right now I feel like society constantly judges me for how I look.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
    Last night, my little sister shouts at me every night for breathing too loud (She's just got extra sensitive ears clearly)
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
    To be honest and it's quite sad, I used to love so many things but recently I haven't found any that makes me truly happy on the inside. I'm working on that though.
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that?
    Maybe a week a go, I was poolside in Portugal but yesterday and the day before that I worked.... oh work.
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
    Right now, I'm probably letting others make them for me. I'm so bad at saying no, I feel under powered at almost every moment in the day. It's something I try to work on daily but I think the older I get the better I'll be at it. Obviously in some aspects of life I make them for myself but I am a sucker to the word yes.


Thank you to the lovely Meg who gave me the idea to do this! You can check out her answers here

or if you want to do it for yourself get the blank questions from here :)



Side note:  I just want to dedicate this weeks posts to Robin Williams, a legend taken by something that is taken for granted. If you seek any kind of help with depression, don't hesitate to talk to anyone. Hearing the right words can get them through the day.



Chels

xo

1 comment:

  1. I love your answers!
    They're so much more deep, and interesting than mine!

    And a lovely side note.
    I still can't believe he is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric